RamTech Purchase Eligibility Terms & Conditions
Please see the specific brands below for educational priced purchasing eligibility. All items that require proof of URI eligibility, and will require you to agree to these terms & conditions before adding the item to your online shopping cart.
Apple Purchase Requirements:
- You must currently be one of the following:
- A current full-time URI staff member (no contract, temporary, or consultants)
- A current URI faculty member
- A current student enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree or certificate
- An incoming URI student that has been accepted, submitted a deposit and has been assigned a URI ID
- You may purchase the following quantities of Apple devices per academic year in total from an Apple Authorized Campus store, an Apple Store, or apple.com. Any Apple products not referenced in the list below are not subject to quantity limitations:
- Desktop: Three (3)
- Mac mini: Three (3)
- MacBook: Three (3)
- iPad: Three (3)
- Display: Two (2)
- Products purchased through RamTech must be for your own personal, educational and/or research use, and cannot be for the purpose of further resale.
General educational software policy (includes OEM, excludes Microsoft software):
- The software you purchase must be for your own education use or, with departmental purchase, for departmental use. You may not copy (except one archival backup) redistribute or resell the software.
- Departments must submit a valid purchase order or departmental procurement card when placing their orders
- Before opening the software’s disk package, be sure to read the license agreement and make sure you have the correct platform. Opened software or software with the product key exposed (like Rhino3D or EndNote) is not returnable. Mail your registration cards once open.
Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product may be used only on your privately owned computer and may not be resold. Proof of academic eligibility is required after purchase to use Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software. Current students, staff, and faculty (including faculty emeritus) may register only one copy of this software.
URI Departments are eligible to purchase Adobe software at EDU pricing for University owned computers. Please email [email protected] for more information.