Power. It’s in the Air. Apple's thinnest, lightest notebook, completely transformed by the Apple M1 chip. CPU speeds up to 3.5x faster. GPU speeds up to 5x faster. Our most advanced Neural Engine for up to 9x faster machine learning. The longest battery life ever in a MacBook Air. And a silent, fanless design. This much power has never been this ready to go.
MacBook Air 256GB - Gold Details
Product Number: MGND3LL/A; Released Late 2020
- Retina display with True Tone
- Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU, 7‑core GPU, and 16‑core Neural Engine
- 8GB unified memory
- 256GB SSD storage
- Magic Keyboard
- Touch ID
- Force Touch Trackpad
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports
Small chip. Giant leap.
It’s here. Our first chip designed specifically for Mac. Packed with an astonishing 16 billion transistors, the Apple M1 system on a chip (SoC) integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and so much more onto a single tiny chip. With incredible performance, custom technologies, and industry-leading power efficiency, M1 is not just a next step for Mac — it’s another level entirely.
What's in the Box
- MacBook Air
- USB-C Charge Cable (2m)
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- 0.63 inches (1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
- Battery life varies by use and configuration.